Monday 15 August 2011

Monday Munchies

Hello :)

Today is a feast day, it's the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In my mind that calls for cake.

Yesterday I thought about what kind of cake to make. I thought of a turkish delight cake, a pina colada cake, and a peach melba cake. I'll get to all of these eventually.

In the end, I settled on a chocolate and raspberry marble cake, swirled with a tart raspberry sauce and covered with a dark chocolate and raspberry ganache. The waves of raspberry are barely discernible to the eye, but have left a hint of pink, subtle flavour, and gorgeous moistness.


Like anything else, I'm sure this could be tweaked and improved upon, but all in all I'm pretty happy with it. Now to brew some coffee, cut a couple of slices, and wait for the hubby to come home from work and join me.

God Bless and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment