Friday 14 October 2011

Finding a Happy Medium.

I can hardly believe the twins are almost 5 months old, and that Molly has already learned to roll over and drag herself across the floor. Gareth doesn't seems as bothered with the whole rolling over thing, but he does like to grasp and hold things. Even at this age, their personalities are very different., both very lovable, but very different.

As they grow and get older, I also have to face some hard truths about myself. My attitude and lifestyle are not as healthy as they should be, and, to be honest, I've let myself go.

Now, don't get me wrong, I've no aspirations to be a 'Yummy Mummy.' or squeeze into skinny jeans and mid-riff exposing tank tops.

What I want is to feel healthy and vibrant, to set a good example for the kids, and make activity seem a pleasure rather than a chore. More superficially, I'd like to go shopping and not feel despair because I'm convinced nothing will look good. I would like to look nice for my husband. I would like to look nice for myself.

I need to break the cycle of inactivity, of staying in with the twins because it's the easiest thing to do. I need to realise that making time for exercise and proper nutrition is not selfish, but an investment in the future of my entire family. I KNOW what I need to do, what I'm having trouble with is finding the motivation to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment