Sunday 27 November 2011

Scottish-American Thanksgiving

Today, we will be having our 3rd Scottish-American Thanksgiving Dinner. I'm Scottish, and my dear hubby is American. Since he came to live here, we have embraced Thanksgiving, a Holiday which is not celebrated in Scotland.

I have done the pie baking, the bread-roll baking, the gravy making, the potato peeling, and the veg chopping. I also made the cornbread for the dressing.

That's all the easy stuff, hubby does the rest. He does the parts of the meal that stand out in people's minds, and that's ok by me.

We're doing the cooking, but dinner will be at my family's house. Again, this is ok by me. For a start, we don't have a dining room (or dining table), or the space to fit 11 people. Secondly, I'm a terrible hostess. I love cooking and baking, but honestly, the other aspects of entertaining totally stress me out. I'd actually rather serve people their meal, and wait in the kitchen until they're done.

Does that sound awful?

Anyway, we have a lot to be thankful for this year. Two happy healthy babies, great friends and family, each other, and a loving God who has seen us through a tight financial squeeze this month.

Here's a pic of the baked goods. I hope people enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment