Wednesday 29 February 2012

Help! They've got me surrounded!

The twins are becoming increasingly mobile. Molly is crawling, and Gareth gets about by a combination of rolling and wriggling. It's not graceful, but it gets him from A to B.

One off-shoot of this new found mobility, is that they now want to explore beyond the living room. More than once I've been washing dishes, or preparing dinner, and heard or felt a wee tot behind me. Not ideal given a hot oven, or the fact that Gareth wants to chew on the manky broom at every opportunity.

Another small issue is that Molly wants to be right at my feet when I'm feeding Gareth. Which is fine. The problem is when she starts trying to bite my legs, or Gareth's feet. Not ideal.

They're an adorable pair of rascals, and no real bother, but we're outgrowing this house. In the mean time, it's a matter of keeping everything out of reach, looking behind me before I take a step back, and wearing thick trousers to protect myself from sharp little baby fangs.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yep, that about sums it up. Cute and tiring. I can be found quite often with one baby on a hip, while picking the other up by the back of their shirt or dress, and depositing them back among their toys.

      Delete