Wednesday 9 May 2012

When you Feel like a Household Appliance.

I love being my husband's wife, and my children's mummy. I truly feel I am living out my purpose in life, and that, in itself is wonderful.

It doesn't mean that it isn't hard work sometimes, or that the day to day grind doesn't get me down - I'm human, and it does.

Some days (and weeks) I think we mummies can get so caught up in the cycle of laundry, cleaning, tidying, cooking, shopping, and generally looking after the people around us, that we lose sight of the fact that we're people to.

Some days, I feel like an all-singing, all-dancing, patent-pending, household appliance.

Of course I should prioritise the needs of my family, but it does no good if it's to the detriment of myself.

Surely I can take care of my loved ones, serve them as I ought, and still feel aware of my own person hood? My own femininity?

I feel that balance is what's needed here. I'm not sure yet how to achieve it, but I think we'll all be better off when I do.

1 comment:

  1. YES!! You are part of the family and count, too! Plus, you're gorgeous! Taking time for yourself means having more to give the people around you! (((hug))

    ReplyDelete